Sunday, 26 October 2014
Tuesday, 21 October 2014
Ingredients - for two naan bread pizzas
- 2 Garlic and Coriander Naan Breads (or whatever flavour takes your fancy)
- 2 Salad Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic Clove (as a guideline, i used lazy garlic as that's just what we had in the kitchen but feel free to use more or less depending on how you like it)
- Cooked chorizo slices
- Cubed chesse (I used extra strong chedder but again, feel free to use whatever cheese you prefer. I think mozzarella would be gorgeous with this)
- Olive oil
Thursday, 16 October 2014
I think Pinterest is the main source of blame for my procrastination, it is always my go-to app on my phone when i'm bored, i can spend a ridiculous amount of time on it. I thought i would do a feature where i share my loved pins of the week (since i always have some to share!)
- Firstly, yes i have started a christmas board already! Even though i'm sure some would agree i'm late to the party here judging by all the stuff I've come across on Pinterest. I adore these Grinchkabobs, i think they're so cute and a nice healthy snack too. I can't wait to make these at christmas, i think my little nieces will love them - pinned on my 'Jingle Bells' board
- Secondly i came across this great guide to contouring your face for different face shapes. I thought this was great as there are loads of help guides on pinterest but obviously not everyone has the same face shape so a lot of them aren't as helpful for everyone. I found this really interesting - pinned on my 'Make Up' board
- Thirdly i just fell in love with this look, the jacket is stunning even though i'm not sure i'd be brave enough to pull it off! I am now desperate to find a lovely embellished jacket to pair with a fedora - pinned on my 'Style' board
- Fourthly i saw this little butterfly-tea-bag-holder-whatever-the-heck-they-are-called-things and thought it was adorable! I so want to make some! Think they'd be lovely for a tea party or something sweet like that - pinned to my 'Ideas' board
- Lastly, oh my god this lady is incredibly talented! The make up here is something i could never pull off and i think it looks fantastic for Halloween. I've been scouring Pinterest for Halloween ideas and this one really caught my eye (too cheesy?) I won't be attempting to recreate it but thought i'd share it because i thought it was amazingly done - pinned to my 'Fancy Dress' board
Sunday, 12 October 2014
Tuesday, 7 October 2014
So my recent trip to boots to get shampoo ended up in a mini splurge. I bought a few things on the cheap so thought i would share.
Rimmel - Brow This Way Eyebrow Kit - £.399
I love this little kit! It comes with a tiny combing brush, a double ended angle brush to fill in your brows, a wax and powder. The kit comes in two shades and i opted for the lighter of the two, it is just the right colour to match my beasty brows. It's also a fantastic little size for you to just pop in your bag, really impressed by this little kit.
Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in 'Peach Melba' - £1.99
This is honestly my go-to blusher, I have repurchased this time and time again. The gorgeous peachy colour is lovely and warm but not too much on the cheeks, it's a lovely matte blusher that's the perfect every day colour to dab on and at £1.99 you can't not at least try it!
Barry M Matte Nail Paint in 'Crush' - £3.99
I'm not a massive fan of matte finish nail polishes, i think they can look great depending on the colour but i tend to avoid them. However, i couldn't resist this gorgeous dark maroon colour from Barry M. I thought it was a great autumnal (i didn't believe that this was a word but have been proved wrong) colour and again at such a cheap price i had to get it. I do have a lot of faith in Barry M nail polishes also, they always serve me right.
Seventeen Define and Conqour Contour Kit - £4.99
This was a very impulsive 'yeah why not' purchase. I simply don't have enough contouring products, i always use my staple 'Hoola' by Benefit and i'm very stuck in my ways. I thought i would dip my toes into the contouring pool and branch out a little to try something new. Seventeen are a brand that have pleasantly surprised me, this little baby does not disappoint in that area. The packaging is lovely and sleek for starters, feels more expensive than it is! The kit comes with a highlighting and contouring powder, I've only used a few times but gives a lovely natural looking contour.
All this for just under £15, i thought that wasn't too bad considering the little goodies that i got. It's so easy to get carried away in Boots! Let me know what budget buys you've picked up in boots recently
Monday, 5 May 2014
Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint by Barry M in 'Lychee' - £3.99
This is a great nude colour that I love the look of for spring. The Barry m gelly polishes are great I have to say, I've got quite a few shades and they're so long lasting which is fantastic. I have quite a few nudes beige colours in my nail polish collection however I think this one is my favourite.
Sunday, 27 April 2014
The feel of this lipstick is lovely. It's so soft and creamy. It feels quite moisturising and not drying at all, it's not the most moisturising lipstick I've ever worn but it is very good, I feel very comfortable with it on my lips it doesn't feel thick or heavy on at all.
The lipstick is a satin finish which is quite matte but has a slight sheen to it which I love. I prefer the look of matte lipsticks over any other but I think this variation is perfect. The satin finish lipsticks by MAC are my new favourites, I love this colour, I can't wait to get more.
Sunday, 26 January 2014
I have normal/combination skin, sometimes my cheeks get a little dry and I occasionally get a few blemishes here and there but I don't necessarily have problem skin. I have to say that it's worked wonders for me, it not only cleanses and melts the make up and dirt away but it also leaves my skin feeling so soft and quite moisturised afterwards. The only thing I would say is that it is quite oily, it's not surprising as the ingredients include Shea butter and jojoba oil so it may be too much for naturally oily skin. For me personally, on the whole I think it's a great product.
After removing my eye make up in the evening, I use this to remove the rest of my make up. I massage it into my skin and leave for a minute before taking off with a warm muslin cloth. I also like to use a foaming cleanser afterwards to remove any residue that may still be on my skin.